April 17, 2012

Thankful (warning... this is a bit lengthy)

  Today I am sitting at home resting... I have had quite an eventful weekend, although eventful in a way I was not expecting. This weekend also reminded me that I am extremely blessed and so incredibly loved. As I told you Friday my mom and Kaylee were coming in town and I was so excited to show them around Edmond and have fun doing girl stuff. My plans changed a bit on Saturday morning when I woke up in excruciating pain. I have had pain like this before, I pretty much knew as soon as it started that I had another kidney stone. I tried to do everything I could to not have to go to the doctor, but I eventually gave in (after losing all contents in my stomach) and my mom and Kaylee brought me to the emergency room. The ER was the absolute last place I wanted to be on Saturday (any day really). Needless to say after a long wait, some pain meds, and being stuck with needles the ER doctor came in and told me that I did in fact have another kidney stone. I was given prescriptions and felt good enough to go home, he told me it had already passed into my bladder and that the pain should be over. I thought I was in the clear and feeling much better.

Sweet words from a sweet friend

That afternoon ,after spending all morning in the ER, I was able to hold down some lunch and catch the end of Cam's games. We then all went to dinner and prepared to watch the weather all night. If you do not live in the Oklahoma/Texas area there were huge storms all night Saturday. We also watched "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", well actually I napped during that. I was then awoken at 2 in the morning with a different kind of pain. This pain was also in my abdomen, but it was not completely in my kidney it was more widespread. I tried to shake it off and went back to sleep, until about 4 when I woke up again and went to get my mom. Yes, I realize I am 20 (almost 21 years old) but this weekend I learned that I will never be too old to need my mom. She of course woke up and tried to do everything she could to help me. I again did everything I could to avoid going back to the ER. Sometime in the afternoon I decided that I might in fact die if I did not go to the ER, so Kaylee and my mom took me again.

I am so thankful they were here, I know cam would have taken me if he could, but he was busy with baseball. I hate that I needed Kaylee and my mom to take me to the ER AGAIN. The ER was packed on Sunday, I was in the waiting room for what felt like eternity. After about 2 more hours of waiting I was taken back and they decided to admit me to the hospital. I was bummed and a bit ashamed (I am not one to want any attention drawn to me or to cause anyone to go out of their way for me). My mom was more then happy and wanting to stay with me. Kaylee also was happy to stay as long as she could. While I was staying in the hospital I was greeted with many very nice and caring nurses, Cam visited in between class and baseball, and I brought most of my room with me. When the Doctor called me on the phone in the room and told me that I was going to be scheduled for surgery I about had a heart attack. I was scared to death of the idea of having surgery.

This is when I once again learned that I am so incredibly loved. Many of you who read my blog are my family and I am so grateful for you. You are the ones who prayed and asked other people for prayers. You are the ones who got me out of surgery! Words do not describe who I felt, all I can say is that I felt loved and feeling LOVED is a good feeling! Thank you to all my faithful friends, their faithful friends, and family! I am going to stop talking now, I think I have "talked" your ear off!
Cam was more than thrilled to be in the hospital with me

This is how I was feeling about waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment