January 15, 2015

To our future babies:

   As far back as I can remember I have wanted to be a mom. My mom (not sure what you will be calling her... she doesn't really feel like the nana type) can and will probably tell you all about the babies that I carried around and took care of when I was younger. 

I want to write down my thoughts and prays for the future babies that Cam and I may have one day. I want to remember how it feels to dream of you and yearn for you. 

Nope, we are not pregnant (at least that I know of) so this is not a pregnancy announcement. We have been getting the question of "when are you going to start a family" since the day of our wedding. Even before that my Gram, which would be you're Great Gram, asked me when on my 17th birthday if I was ready to get married and have babies. That Great Gram of yours is going to love you something fierce. I also know your Great Papa has been dreaming about you for years. You truly will have the best Great Gram & Papa. 

Actually, baby you may be the luckiest kid(s) in the world. You're whole family is going to be amazed with you. And let me be the first to tell you we have a big family. When I was 15 I met your daddy and when I was 22 I married into his big Greek family. They are the exact people you would want in your family if you could pick them yourself. You will have 5 aunts and even more uncles. And I pray that you are able to have great relationships with each of them. Specifically your Aunt Kenn... she's been asking for you daily for almost two years. Your Aunt Randi has also been asking for you. I tell ya kid you may not be put down for your full first year of life! These aunts and uncles don't even count the other aunts and uncles that can't wait to meet you. Your daddy and I have been blessed with great friends that will always be there for us and for you. You are going to have so much fun with all of them! 

As of right now you would have 6 cousins and 1 on the way. Camden is the oldest and Baby Girl Mav #2 will be the youngest. You're going to make some great memories with those cousins of yours! 

Speaking of your daddy he is pretty magnificent. I just know you're going to think he's the best daddy in the whole world. He is going to be so infatuated with you and you are going to be the twinkle in his eye. We often talk about you. In fact just yesterday your daddy picked up the first jacket he wants to buy you. You guess it... its a Carhart :) He can't wait for you to come into this world. We both can't. I am reminded daily that you are in our plans and I just pray that I am able be the best mom when our dreams come into fruition. 

Anyways... what I really wanted to jot down was that you are so so loved and we dream about you and pray for you all the time. 

Jeremiah 29:11 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Love, 

Your Mom & Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment