January 3, 2015

2014 Recap

The new year has come and gone and I think it's about time that I recap all of the goodness that happened last year! 2014 was a great year. It was kind of a whirlwind, but full of memories and growth. 

Cam and I (and Deuce) spent our full first year married living in a 700 square foot apartment. We had family dinners without a dinning table. We learned that I am not a fan of cooking and Cam is not a fan of cleaning... that's ok because if there is anything in this world that I can successfully do it is clean. 

We became official members of one of the local churches, after attending for over a year. Our hearts grew individually and together. We dreamt of our future that is ever present. Cam turned 25 and we celebrated with chicken fry and fried okra.

Cam is in the process (long long process) of finishing up his bachelors degree. I have learned to let go (mostly). I have learned and worked on (no where near perfect, ask Cam) being a supportive wife. I have learned to be more optimistic rather than pessimistic. I married a dreamer and boy can we butt heads at times. 

We traveled to Arizona for Spring Training. We flew to Cabo for the most relaxing week of our lives. We welcomed two baby nieces into the world. Our nephew turned 4, niece number 1 turned 8, niece number 2 turned 5, and niece number 4 turned 2. My dad turned 50 and we celebrated with all of his friends and family. Deuce turned 8... also marking Cam & I's 8th dating anniversary. 

We spent lots of time in Thackerville and Abilene with the world's best grandparents. We road tripped to Colorado for the MAVO ski trip of 2014. 

We rang in the new year with just our little cam! 2014 was a year full of growth that I haven't even began to explain. 2015 has some big shoes to fill and I am going to spend my time in prayer that our dreams come true!

Here are some of our favorite pictures from this year. 





















1 comment:

  1. You had me at "fried okra". I swear that's one of my favorite foods ever!

    ReplyDelete