May 8, 2012

Jesus Calling

   Over the past two years I have had the privilege of being a part of an amazing bible study in Stillwater. God placed me in a group of senior girls that would touch my heart more than they will ever know. Our bible study leader, Nacoe, threw a graduation party last week for everyone... well I still have one more year, but she (being her sweet self) did not want to leave me out.

I feel so blessed to have known each of these ladies and am so happy that I will continue my relationship with them. Nacoe and her husband gave each of us the Jesus Calling devotional. Nacoe has read to us out of her devotional a couple times throughout the semester and I was wanting to buy one. I was happily surprised when she gifted these to us! I started reading out of it this week and I love it...

So here is a passage from today's devotional that I wanted to share.



   Living in this world we know and have come to expect that life is full of ups and downs. We know that we are not going to get through anything without having at least a little problem. I know this fact and I know that this is how life is, but I still seem to forget it every now and then. This passage reminded me that I do not need to worry about the problems that are inevitable because I have God on my side and he has already conquered all our problems. 

This passage states that we "will have an eternity of problem-free living reserved for you in heaven." Sigh.... what a relief. How amazing is it that we have a problem-free heaven to look forward to. That statement definitely took a weight of worry off of my shoulders. I constantly worry about things that I have no control over, this is something that I am working on. It is an ongoing process. Reading this passage today has just filled me with hope for my day and my whole life. 

I know God has a plan for me and my life. I know that He will use me as He wants. I just pray that I open my eyes and my heart to hear everything He tells me and shows me. This week I am going to do as this passage says and take a lighthearted view of trouble, seeing it as a challenge that God and I can handle.

I encourage you, whoever you are, reading this to do the same. Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

1 comment: