December 4, 2015

Weeks 17 & 18



Week 17


Baby: Baby girl is the size of an onion. She is now forming little bones and putting some meat on them bones. Her umbilical cord is also growing stronger and thicker. She is about 5.1 inches long and weighs 5.9 ounces. She can move all of her joints and tiny sweat glands are starting to develop

Weight: I didn't weigh myself this week, but I suspect I am up a few pounds.

Symptoms: This week I started to feel the baby move more! They are still little twinges in my tummy, but I can differentiate between her little movements and whatever else causes things to move in my stomach. She is most active in the mornings and at night.

Sleep: I slept great this week. I haven't been waking up to use the restroom, mostly because I refuse to get out of my cocoon in my bed. I have had some crazy weird dreams this week.

Cravings: Still loving those Pillsbury sugar cookies! Baby girl may come out as sweet as a cookie!

Clothes: Some of my pants are becoming more tight and uncomfortable to wear. I have noticed the bump more in most of my clothes and it is starting to look more like a baby bump and not just a bloated stomach.

Random: We are close to deciding on a sweet little name for baby girl.


Week 18



Baby: Girlfriend is the size of a sweet potato, which I feel is questionable because some of those are gigantic. My other app says that she is the size of a bell pepper, and I feel that is probably more accurate. Baby is yawning, hiccuping, sucking, and swallowing now. She is twisting, rolling, punching, and kicking too! She is 5.6 inches long and about 6.7 ounces. Her blood vessels are visible through the skin and her ears are now in their final position. Her girly parts are formed and in place.

Weight: Home scale said I was 102.8 last night. We will see what the doctors scale says soon.

Symptoms: More hungry this week, which has been great since it was Thanksgiving week. I feel like a pee every 45 minutes. Oh, and girlfriend moves almost all day long.

Sleep: I did not sleep the best this week. I am not sure if its because I cannot shut my brain off or I am really that uncomfortable. Last night in particular was a mess because my dogs were huge cuddle bugs. I had one trying to lay on my feet and legs and the other right up against my back of stomach depending on which side I was laying on. I think they were cold so they wanted to be close, but I was about to move to the guest room. They left me a sliver of the bed, meanwhile Cam snored away all night long.

Cravings: No strong cravings, just still enjoying my sugar cookie desert after dinners.

Clothes: This hasn't changed much, but I did buy some Blanqi maternity leggings on Black Friday for half off! I can't wait to try those on. I am hoping to find some good tops to wear with leggings and not take them off until April.

Random: Anxious to start working on her nursery. We finally have an oven ordered and on its way and a patch in the wall... We had to switch from gas to electric which resulted in a whole right in the wall in the baby's room. I have sketched out my plans for the nursery and had a complete bulleted list, because OCD. I am also super ready for the next doctors appointment! Cams blood tests came back negative for the same genetic mutation as me which means baby girl will not have mutation. We picked out a name! We have told almost all of the family, but have a few more to make the announcement to and then I will post the story behind her name. :)

Doctor: We head to the doctor on the 11th. So I still have two more weeks, but I can't wait. We will be getting our 20 week ultrasound and I can't wait to see her little picture!

Here is a look back: week 8 to 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment