April 30, 2016

40 Weeks

week 40:




Baby: Cambree is the size of a watermelon and could range from 6 to 7 ish pounds. She is still moving pretty good and it is fun to see my stomach do crazy things. She gets the hiccups almost daily, sometimes even twice a day. She is comfortable up in my ribs and is enjoying her time in my stomach.

Weight: I weighed 126 1/2 pounds at the doctor this week. Which puts me up officially 126 pounds this pregnancy. That may seem like a lot or a little to you, but to me it is quite the amount of weight. My body is sore and tired from carrying around the extra weight and I am anxious to feel more like myself.

Symptoms: Acid reflux came back this week again. I tried to walk her out and do all of the things possible to start labor, minus drinking castor oil and I think she moved even higher in my ribs. My ankles and feet are swollen and I feel like my face is a little swollen, but I haven't really been told that by anyone else. I have had some hip pain and random leg aches, which I imagine is due to the extra weight. Overall, I am thankful to say that I have felt pretty great.

Sleep: Night time is increasingly not a time I look forward to. I have found it harder and harder to get comfortable and usually by the time I am comfortable I have to get up to pee. Speaking of, getting up is hard. I have to swing my legs down off the bed and kind of fall off the bed. The dogs have been getting up with me each time and they make me think like something is going to happen, but so far she's as happy as a clam in my womb. One night this week I woke up drenched in sweat, meanwhile Cam was bundled up. I thought you weren't supposed to have the hot flashes and night sweats until after you deliver?

Cravings: Food is basically just food right now, I can eat little portions and get full pretty quickly. I do have to eat often or I feel tired and weird. I am still liking my fruit cups and have grown fond of the sweets and increasingly chocolate, which is weird because I have never been a huge chocolate fan.

Doctor: We went to the doctor for our 40 week check up. I was a little more effaced than last week, but there was no change in dilation. The doctor was comfortable with setting up an induction date and told me to have a great weekend. It is crazy to think this is our last weekend with out a baby! I would like to say Cam and I spent all day together soaking up our time, but he fished all day with the boys and then hung out with them at the house. Anyways, our induction date is scheduled for Tuesday May 3rd. We will check into the hospital Monday at 8pm and get started on the antibiotics since I am group b positive. We will then start cervidil and try to get some rest before starting pitocin bright and early in the morning. We could have a baby girl by lunch time!

Random: I think the weirdest aspect of this whole journey has been the unknown. There is no timeline for a baby and I think God did that on purpose. He wants us to rely on Him fully throughout this season. I do have to say that I did not think we would make it 40 weeks, but it pretty amazing that my body can hold a baby this long. The human body is pretty amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment