June 27, 2014

Two Years

    June 25, 2012 Cam brought me all the way to Florida with his family to ask me one of the most important questions of my life. In some ways it feels like just yesterday and at the same time it feels like a century ago. You can read about our proposal over here.

Technically today marks two years and two days since cam proposed, but I totally forgot about it until looking through pictures last night at my mother-in-laws while dog sitting.


So what have I have learned about Cam and myself since that day...
  • Holy crap we looked like babies... no wonder people looked at me weird when I showed up with that rock on my left hand
  • Relationships are full of happy times
  • They are also full or trying times... for example on Wednesday, the 25th, Cam and I went to bed mad at each other. Why you ask? Because we kind of suck at communication and I am a bit lot pessimistic and he's a dreamer. We have learned a lot and have a lot to learn about each other
  • Oh yeah about that... we are the exact opposites when it comes down to reality vs. dreams. Yes, I have dreams and they line up with his dreams I just tend to fall more on the pessimistic and narrow-minded side of things where Cam is well on the other side of the universe
  • He is truly my best friend 
  • He makes me laugh more than anything 
  • I know that he is going to make a great dad when the time comes to have our own babies... until then I love love love watching him with his nieces and nephews
  • He can has a huge heart even though he pretends to not care and kind of be a butt head... 
  • He has a group of amazing friends
  • Life with him is an adventure
  • He sings in the shower... pretty much a different tune every night
  • He's a cook and I am so not... I think its because cooking requires a mess and well I don't like messes
  • I love growing up with him... Since we have been dating since I was 15 and he was 16 (or 17? I am not sure right now how old he was) we have really watched each other grow into the people we are today. 
  • I can't wait to see where our lives take us and the adventures that marriage continues to bring
  • I love him more and more every day
These pictures were all taken by my mother-in-law after we left Disney World and headed to San Destin and stayed on 30A. 




I am pretty sure this is when Cheryl told us to kiss... his response was this. Clearly he loves me





No comments:

Post a Comment