March 14, 2016

Weeks 31, 32, 33.

week 31


Baby: Cambree is the size of a pineapple or a coconut depending on which app you read. She weighs 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and is 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. Her brain and nervous system is continuing to develop. Her irises now react to light! According to my app all 5 of her senses are working now. She can turn her head from side to side, move her arms and legs and is quick running out of room.

Weight: I head to the doctor at 32 weeks and have been steering clear of my home scale. I still take double takes when I catch my reflection in the mirror or a car door. This baby bump is crazy and I am continually amazed by the human body.

Symptoms: Acid reflux is still there and not fun. This week I kicked my cold or allergies/horse cough to the curb. I have increasing back pain and my ribs are sore. But, I am feeling so good other wise and I am so thankful!

Sleep: Acid reflux is kind of the devil. I have trouble getting comfortable at night and actually have been telling Cam we need a new mattress... he has been rolling his eyes each time. I have pretty steady braxton hicks contractions, but they haven't been anything too worry about.

Cravings: I have been eating pears and fruit cups like crazy. I can't get enough of them.




week 32

Baby: She is as big as a squash or a jicama (a mexican veggie). She is about 3 3/4 pounds and around 16 inches long. I don't even know how 16 inches fits inside my stomach, but my sore ribs remind me that she is in fact there. According to my app she should gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair!

Weight: At the doctor I weighed in at 122 pounds. Which puts me up 22 pounds and only 3 pounds away from my goal weight. I am going to surpass that and I keep reminding myself that it is all for the baby. I do keep getting told I am all belly and that is encouraging, but I am still a little apprehensive about the whole weight issue.

Symptoms: Heartburn and soreness are still there. I have noticed recently that my legs and hips get sore fairly quickly and I take more breaks doing all of my tasks. This week I started having some weird period cramps, but the doctor just told me to make sure to drink more water.

Sleep: I am learning to control my acid reflux, but it is still annoying. I try not to sit down or lay down atlas two hours after we eat and when I do lay down I prop myself up. Most nights I have been able to slowly scoot down throughout the night, but sleeping sitting up definitely makes my back sore.

Cravings: I still can't get enough fruit and I have been loving chewing on ice. I am still taking my iron supplements and prenatal vitamins with no issues.


week 33


Baby: Cambree is the size of a durian or a pineapple, which is weird because she was that size two weeks ago too. She is around 4 pounds according to my app and about 17 inches long. Our next doctor visit we will get a sonogram to check the her weight and length and I can't wait to see her again! I am also super curious about her size. Baby keeps eyes open while away now. She is starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. She has the hiccups more often, about twice a day now. Cam got to feel her hiccups the other day and he giggled.

Weight: Do to scheduling I had another doctor appointment this week for my 34 week check up and weighed 22 pounds still.

Symptoms: These are the same as last week. It is increasingly harder to breathe and bend down. I no longer have any desire to walk really fast. In fact Sunday after church we were walking around Costco and Cheryl (my mother in law) told me I had a good waddle going. I was super uncomfortable in too small of clothes! I am more curious about the whole mucus plug issue and have no idea what to expect when that happens, but the discharge situation hasn't slowed down much.

Sleep: Few and far between. It is hard to get a good nights rest, but I am thankful for any sleep I get as I know it will only get more spread out.

Cravings: No differences here, I love fruit and fruit season is upon us!

Clothes: I am growing out of all my clothes. I did however hit the jackpot at Walmart. They have $9 maxi skirts and I am going to go back and get one in every color!

Random: We had our first baby shower this weekend and it was so much fun! Baby girl is loved so much already! We got so many cool things and I can't wait to sort through it all and organize it in her room. Speaking of her room, we still have work to do. I have mixed emotions about this and am hoping we can give ourselves a kick in the booty and get the room finished. Turns out the goats are a handful and a half!

I have been having tons of fun videoing the goats and dogs! I hope to take home videos of Cambree and our lives, I just love watching those back.



No comments:

Post a Comment