March 1, 2016

Weeks 29 & 30

week 29
I had to include this picture because Cam was a big fan of the Willie photo bomb.

Baby: Girlfriend is the size an acorn squash or a butternut squash. She is about 2.5- 3.8 pounds according to my app. She is supposed to triple her weight in the next weeks which is crazy! She is about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. I can definitely feel an actual baby in my stomach now and its pretty cool and super weird. She is getting more energy as her fat deposits are increasing. Her muscles and lungs are growing and her brain is continuing to develop. She has pretty consistent wake and sleep times, usually awake around 1 am and then about 7 to 11 am. She has gotten the hiccups a few times and sometimes she moves so much I can't even imagine what she is doing in there.

Weight: I didn't pay attention to the scale this week.

Symptoms: I am growing, growing, growing. People every where either smile at me or ask me if I need some help, I must look bigger than I feel somedays or maybe I look just as big as I feel. I have had some itchy skin, but I bought some Burt's Bees Vitamin E oil and am using that at night and it seems to help keep me moisturized. I also have had some rib pain and an overall just tired body. I have had increasingly bad acid reflux and am experimenting with different ways to calm that down.

Sleep:This has been sparse. I am up with acid reflux either every hour or for a few hours a night and then wake up in the morning exhausted. I know my body is preparing for the baby so I haven't been too bothered by the awake times, but I am sure not a pretty princess in the morning (just ask Cam).

Cravings: I haven't had much of any cravings recently. In fact some days I don't really want to eat anything and others days I want to eat everything.

Clothes: I am running out of clothes in my closet and do not want to splurge on any maternity clothes. So, I apologize to anyone who sees me wearing the same outfits over and over.

Random: We are getting closer to finishing the nursery. We still have a lot to do, but I have organized her stuff that we do have and I feel a bit more ready. Our first shower is the second weekend of March and I can't wait to see all the tiny baby things! I definetly am in nesting mode and find myself wanting to clean literally everything from ceiling to floor.


week 30



Baby: She is the size of a cucumber or cabbage. Cambree is continuing to grow and develop. According to my app her skin is getting smoother and she is now strong enough to grasp a finger. I can feel her stretch out or move her legs and arms sometimes. She has found my bladder as well as my ribs. The weirdest feeling is when she is right under my belly button and she makes it stick out. It totally grosses me out and I try to make her move.

Weight: I went to my primary care doctor this week and weighed in at 120 pounds. That puts me up 20 full pounds and only 5 pounds away from my weight gain goal.

Symptoms: This week has been a doozy. I started getting sick in the beginning of the week, but played it of as allergies. It turned into more than allergies and left me with a nasty cough, congestion, and runny nose. I am on the mend now and have my normal voice back. Acid reflux has upped its game. I am now awake for hours at a time and have yet to find a comfortable sitting position at night. I prop myself up, but as Cambree is more active I can feel the acid push up my esophagus.

Sleep: I sleep best from 5 to 7 am and then am exhausted when my alarm goes off. I am sure that this is just preparing me for a newborn, but dang I would like a few more hours of restful sleep before she gets here.

Cravings: My new craving this week is fruit cups. I am loving pears and fresh fruit.

Clothes: This hasn't changed much. I am on the hunt for clothes to wear for maternity pictures as well as baby showers. I am not the biggest fan of my new body and am also the whitest of white. I need to the sun big time!

Random: We go to the doctor at 32 weeks and will be checked again. So far everything has been just fine and right on track. I don't feel like this appointment will be any different and I can't wait for our next ultrasound at the end of March!





No comments:

Post a Comment