April 15, 2015

Kitchen Inspiration

   Pinterest has probably driven husbands crazy and consumed hours upon hours and many ladies days. I can definitely say that is my case. I come home almost everyday with a new idea for our house! I love Pinterest and probably most definitely spend way too much time on there.

Ever since we first talked about our first home I knew the first thing I wanted to do was paint the kitchen cabinets white. The kitchen is the heart of the home and so much time is spent in there. It is also part of the home that almost everyone who visits will spend time in. So, that is why renovating our kitchen is first on the agenda! I started the process of sanding the cabinets a couple weeks ago and began priming them last week... It is a process that is for sure. But, I am hopeful that I do not completely screw this up. I have researched and researched the best paints and primers and read tutorial after tutorial. I hope to document my journey of painting the cabinets, but for now I wanted to document where my ideas and inspiration came from.

We have a fairly small kitchen and we don't really have a dining area, but we are going to make one! Farm house tables have been my favorite for forever. I just love the idea of having one big table for everyone to gather around. Since we do not have the space inside for a big farm table we are going to make a mini farm table and booth! I have been on the hunt for the perfect chairs and I love the aluminum or matte black chairs below.



We have a breakfast bar area and I can't decide if I want to paint it or incorporate some old wood like the picture above. I know that this area will need to be durable because there will be feet and dog prints and who knows what. We currently have wood floors throughout the house so we won't be changing any flooring in the kitchen. I am on the lookout for the perfect rug. I am loving all of the jute and sisal rugs. 

Our pantry currently has two wire shelves that don't hold much of anything so we will be completely redoing the inside. I am going to try to do something like this! I love the grey and white pattern and you can't beat some good organization. 


Pendant lights! I have been trying to find my most favorite and I think I have narrowed down my options. I would like to add one over the sink and two or three over our breakfast bar. We currently have three random lights in the kitchen as well as a fan.. there isn't even that much room on the ceiling so it just looks weird. Also, subway tile will be our backsplash! I can't wait to purchase that and get that going in. 


I hope to have a farmsink installed, but am looking for one on the cheaper side. We have also talked about new countertops. Right now we have really cheap formica, it is already coming off because they didn't even glue it on. But, we will see... I can live with the formica for now. 


We have an old screen door on our back porch and its pretty beat up. It would need some work, but I am really thinking about making it our pantry door! And as much as I love grey and white I am LOVING that pop of teal! 



*all of these pictures have been pinned on my Pinterest and you can find them and see the sources over there!


No comments:

Post a Comment