November 6, 2014

Something Old, Something New...

I want to write down what I used as my somethings so I can remember these forever. I love traditions and I love the meaning of tradition. They bring about such great memories! According to The Knot.com these traditions come from an Olde English rhyme. Something old represents continuity, something new offers optimism for the future, something borrowed represents borrowed happiness, and something blue stands for purity, love, and fidelity. 

Something Old

My gram cut out a piece of one of my Papa's old work shirts and embroidered our wedding date on the scrap piece. We also saved a second piece for my sister when her time comes to wear a pretty white dress! This fabric was sewn into the bottom of my dress and it was such a special moment. I will hold this memory in my heart forever. 


Something New

My dress was new... It was everything I originally said I didn't want, but turns out I didn't even know what I wanted because it was perfect!


Something Borrowed

My Aunt Pam gave me a little fabric pouch with her lucky penny inside on the morning of my wedding day. This pouch was pinned into the back of the dress by my mom. 


Something Blue

My something blue were the garters that I chose to wear. I saved the the bigger one for my sister or future children if they wish to wear it. :) Cool thing... My best friend caught the garter and he and his girlfriend should be getting engaged pretty darn soon! (you're welcome Josh)


No comments:

Post a Comment