December 5, 2012

Wedding Wednesday

Wedding Wednesday
THE Dress!

    It has been a while since I have updated yall on this whole process of wedding planning. Let me just say I did try, every time I sat down to write the words escaped me. I do not know if it was because I was nervous or just overwhelmed.... maybe both. 
I can now say I am over that... for now at least :) 

The day before Thanksgiving my mom and sister took me do try on wedding dresses! Cheryl, Ally, Randi, and my two nieces met us there. I tried to go in with zero expectations. I was ultimately scared to be disappointed... I have never been one to dress up or enjoy being in a dress. I had it in my mind that I would never find THE dress... I did not think I would ever have that feeling. So I went in relying on my family to bring the joy and excitement... Of course they did. I think the best thing about this whole process was seeing how excited each of those ladies were for me! 

My bridal consultant was named Sam... She was awesome and pregnant! Perfect combo! She had me tell her about myself and had me look through books and tell her which dresses I liked. We then went into the room of mirrors... Literally it was like a wall of just mirrors. This was also a little overwhelming. I was placed in room 26... this seemed fitting since our wedding date is July 26th

I only tried on 4 dresses... all it took for me to fall in love with a dress was to try on 4 dresses. I had that moment that brides talk about. I was head over heels in love with a dress!!!! I did not want to take it off... I still want to wear it around. This is going to be the BIGGEST secret I have to keep for about 230 more days. 

Have I told you I am horrible at keeping secrets!! Also Cam said he is so excited to see me in my dress! I could not have had a better dress shopping experience! I am so blessed to have some amazing ladies in my life who love me and support me! :)

Now... news I can share is that we also found the bridesmaid dresses! We have decided on two colors... Pool and Malibu. The dresses will be short, chiffon and strapless. I think they will look beautiful on all 6 of my bridesmaids! I can not wait to see all of my lovely girls!


The colors are prettier in real life... I promise! 
Now to find shoes! 








No comments:

Post a Comment